Cloud Landing Zones
Security and Compliance by Design
Make security and compliance standard for all clouds
Preconfigure your AWS Accounts, Azure Subscriptions, GCP Projects and other cloud tenants with Landing Zones to make them secure by default.
meshcloud's capabilities in the field of cloud landing zones enable organizations to securely pre-configure cloud tenants (e.g. AWS Accounts, Azure Subscriptions, GCP Projects) according to centrally defined security and compliance requirements.
Common examples for the use of cloud landing zones are:
- Restriction of geographic locations, e.g. limitation to the use of EU locations for GDPR compliance
- Mandatory encryption of object storage
- Standardized networking setups
How Cloud Landing Zones work with meshcloud
Platform Operator Olivia can define landing zones for different project types.
When creating a meshProject, Team Lead Tom selects the appropriate landing zone for each cloud platform.
Integrating existing Landing Zone approaches to meshcloud
As a cloud foundation team, you can integrate cloud-native tools like Cloud Formation Stacks for AWS, Blueprints for Azure, or GDM Templates for Google as well as use third-party tools like terraform to describe your Landing Zones in meshcloud.
What are the benefits of using Cloud Landing Zones?
Cloud landing zones enable organizations to establish a preventive cloud security approach. Configuring cloud tenants before handing them out to DevOps teams, has many benefits:
Benefits for Cloud Foundation Teams:
- Prevent misconfigurations of cloud environments, e.g. missing encryption
- Unify the security level of a large number of cloud tenants, leading to more consistency and transparency
- Ensure a certain level of control on the infrastructure, while providing DevOps teams with great autonomy
- Orchestrating cloud landing zones with meshcloud enables you to implement a consistent security concept across multiple cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure and GCP)
Benefits for DevOps Teams:
- You are relieved from manual set up steps for your cloud tenants
- Bureaucratic administrative processes for fulfilling general security and compliance requirements are reduced to a minimum
- You have full access to the native cloud portals and APIs