Junior/Senior Cloud Engineer for Multi-Cloud Startup
At meshcloud, we help companies to efficiently manage their multi-clouds: For thousands of their projects, over 300 dev teams of our customers are currently managing private and public cloud infrastructure via meshcloud. Employees can quickly create and access securely configured cloud accounts with providers such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud. Our meshcloud platform provides a centralized and integrated system for managing all cloud projects – a self-service interface to manage cloud access and permissions and maintain control over cloud costs. This enables our customers' more than 1,000 users to focus on their core business: developing digital applications in industries such as automotive, finance and energy.
What we need you for:
You will be directly involved in the further development of the meshcloud platform. Your view as a Cloud & DevOps expert with a strong focus on security is important to us! You will ensure our platform is delivered to customers using state-of-the art deployment and security practices that allow us to innovate with high velocity while we provide reliable service to our customers. You will also help designing secure landing zones in public cloud environments that our customers' DevOps teams can use as blueprints for their own compliance needs.
We are hiring engineers at all levels of experience, from juniors to seniors. Senior engineers at meshcloud are responsible for significant architecture and technology decisions and are expected to have prior experience designing and operating distributed systems running on the cloud. Regardless of experience, engineers can look forward to an exciting environment with deeply technical challenges that provides plenty opportunity for personal growth.
What is important for us:
What counts for us are your skills and your personality! Ideally, you will bring the following with you:
- Experience in operating highly available and fault tolerant distributed systems in cloud environments
- Very good knowledge of DevOps Tools (Docker, Ansible, Bash, Python or similar)
- Very good knowledge of Linux administration
- Experience in Design and Implementation of Security Practices (OWASP, ITS Risk, ISO Standards)
- Solid knowledge of Network administration (TCP/IP, Security, Routing, VPNs)
- Basic knowledge of Database administration (MySQL, NoSQL DBs)
Welcome additional skills and experience:
We believe that every technical skill is valuable! No matter how extraordinary the technology you may be particularly well versed with, you have certainly learned something special that will help make us and our platform better!
Here are a few concrete examples of what we consider to be particularly useful:
- Experience in other programming languages, configuration management systems, frameworks and technologies
- Experience in working with Kubernetes, OpenShift, OpenStack or Cloud Foundry
- Experience with dhall language (or Haskell)
- Experience with "cloud native" tools like Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, Helm, Terraform or Ansible, Concourse CI
- Experience with public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with distributed database systems such as Elasticsearch, Redis, MongoDB or RavenDB
- Contributions to open source projects and/or programming communities such as Stackoverflow
What we offer you:
- Working in a dedicated and talented team
- Paid relocation to Frankfurt am Main
- Possibilities for the extension of technical abilities
- Plenty of room for creativity and personal development
- Lots of free snacks in the office (water, coffee, fruit, sweets, ...)
- Bright and friendly office with ergonomic workplaces
- Work when you're most creative
- A central office in the Ostend area and close to the Main river
- Involvement in the development of visions and goals of meshcloud
Please send a short cover letter including your resume with any references to prior work, open-source projects or your Stackoverflow profile to email@example.com.